Wednesday, July 7, 2010

?Encantada?

I recently shared the experience of moving and leaving behind a home that I loved.  My family is staying with my in-laws for the summer while we wait for our house to sell, (another post entirely, it's a horrible time to sell!) and get a start on establishing ourselves in the new venture we have embarked upon.  Anyway, living with my in-laws has been really wonderful, actually, and I am so grateful that I can say that! They are absolutely fantastic people, incredibly generous and hospitable. This post however, is not about them, or our new home, but our newest neighbors:
Yep. Baby skunks! Startling to come upon, but they are damn CUTE!  And so tiny!  They are out at any time of day, so we have to be alert - for instance I went out for a run this morning and walked through the yard with my ipod on, completely oblivious, when I caught a little movement out of the corner of my eye.. I was 3 feet away from one of the little guys munching on the lilies!  We've heard they wander off to find a home of their own after they grow a little, so for now, we will have to pay attention and give them their space. And for me enjoy seeing them from afar!

No comments:

Post a Comment